Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Requests

Tutorials::Requests Post any request for Tutorials here

Old 03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Compositus Confusio
Fire Beetle

Default Needed Tutorial on Installing on *BSD

Hello. New here. I've got an EQEmu server running on my windows box, however playing EQ on that box, connected to the server on that box is rather laggish. I've been trying unsuccessfully for sometime to get the latest source to compile on my NetBSD box. I was wondering if someone here who uses a BSD could write a tutorial on how to get it up and running, and I've tried everything I can think of and nothing's going.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:25 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

well chances are pretty high that your not going to get it working on netbsd, unless you have a lot of time to spend.

I am really the only person here running it on freebsd, and theres a reason for that. I try to keep the 'makefile.bsd' files up to date in CVS, so once you have your build environment set up, those will help a lot.

the BSD issue all boils down to you have to use the linuxthreads library, not native pthreads. This means you have to link any threaded libraries when emu links against, against linux threads as well. Specifically you have to build mysql with linuxthreads. There are prolly other issues, but thats the #1.