Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default New hosting for EqEmu tools

Just so everyone knows, the hosting is now on www.eqemulator.net, and you should all benefit from superb upload performance. I guess this makes it official now!

Old server will be taken offline in a day.

Drop by the GeorgeS dev. tools section of the forum!
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=674

Link to new site is listed in my sig..

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//

Last edited by GeorgeS; 09-25-2009 at 01:00 AM..
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

George: I can't seem to find the npc editor on the list
and past first 20 links the page is kind of mmm screwed up, the double lines of text are overlapping each other - I am using latest Firefox
Old 09-25-2009, 01:18 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok, try again -- just did a few reformats. The html is as generic as I can write it.

The npc&loot editor is under

My Database Editing Tool Suite - , Latest 06/17/2009 -note frequent updates are common
NPC and Loot Editor 8.22.10- ( SoF Enabled)
Grid Editor 9.16.3 - Now Incorporated in Loot editor
Spawn Editor - Now Incorporated in Loot editor
TradeSkill Recipe Editor 1.0.6
Zone & Adventure Editor - new

GeorgeS

Old 09-25-2009, 01:21 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

all is well now thanks =)
Old 09-25-2009, 01:30 AM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

IE8 crashes everytime I try to open your tools site. firefox works tho. just thought you would like to know.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:35 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

haha, that till teach MS
I made the page with one of their web builders - lol

Anyway, removed some odd tags here and there, and much to my amusement, the graphics work again.. go figure.

Try it again with the newest version

GeorgeS

Old 09-25-2009, 01:41 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

George, little confused on the spell tool

it says: This tool allows one to import the SOF and Ti spells file and export.
then it says: Non SOF files are not supported/will not work.

So on hand it works with T but on another hand it doesn't?
Could you elaborate?
Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Can I make a couple suggestions?
First, clean up the clutter. I look at your forum topic links and immediately get discouraged at the ease of use of your tools. :(
Your website too is jarbled, read and follow K.I.S.S. Principle!, it makes life easier.
Maybe just do this. Unsticky all your update topics. Make ONE central topic sticky called like "GeorgeS's Tools - Start Here!". In there have a simple list, such as:

EqItems - Edits items, including ones equipped on characters. (more). (Help).

One line to summarize the tool, program name, brief description, a link to your updates post for more info.

Even your website just gives me a headache, you bold updates along with just emphasized sentences, along with the program titles, some EQ logo icons are downloads, others do nothing, so it takes a bit to even figure out where the files even are.. you have waaaay too many programs, all colored differently here and there, it's just a headache to look at. :/

I keep wanting to try out your tools, but the horrendous page and unorganized clutter I keep giving up on your projects looking at them too much. Also because your VB6 can't register OCX's with Windows 7 too well.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Fixed the text. It will load all SOF and Ti

GeorgeS

Old 09-25-2009, 02:00 AM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

IE8 is still crashing when tryin to open.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:49 AM
trevius
Developer

Shin, go easy on him, please :P If you ever get his tools working (isn't too hard), then you might forgive him a bit for the look of the webpage lol. They really are awesome. Also, I got GeorgeS' tools running perfectly on my Windows 7 box. I think just installing the current version of MySQL, and then running the register_ocx.bat files as admin worked just fine. I am not sure why, but the Quest Editor tool causes all windows to blink every few seconds, but it isn't anything major. Also, on Windows 7, I found that you need to set "Disable visual themes" in the compatibility mode of the shortcut for KLS's TaskMaster tool (which is unrelated to GeorgeS stuff, but figured I would mention while on the topic of Windows 7 and EQEmu Tools).

GeorgeS, maybe some CSS can help make your page look cleaner and formatted so it all goes together a bit better. I think the main thing is just setting up margins, one standard set of fonts, then centering a couple of things like the images throughout and maybe even put a border with a solid background around the text areas. I am certainly no CSS master, but it is easy enough for me to write something up quick that can be tweaked later if needed. I can just use the Firefox Webtool to edit the page in real-time so I can see what the results would look like. Then, just save the file I make and send it to you or something. Though, it would probably take a bit of HTML adjustments too, but nothing too major since it is a fairly simple setup already.

Actually, it probably wouldn't hurt if we had a generic CSS for the website for random pages like that so we could use them to expand even further and still keep the over-all theme of the site. Really, if we ever get MediaWiki running, it could probably handle all of the non-forums pages I think. The wakka wiki isn't horrible, but it isn't great either.

Ultimately, the tools are extremely useful, which is the most important thing. I don't know what I would do without the NPC Loot Editor or the Item Editor

BTW, it is great to see these files hosted here now. Definitely all good stuff to have available indefinitely.

Last edited by trevius; 09-25-2009 at 04:05 AM..
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

George is the man, seriously the guy helps this community in so many ways...Thanks George, I don't use your tool's but I enjoy playing on servers who do!

Seriously Thanks,
Old 09-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

it's just constructive criticism. Sorry George if you took offense! I rarely use editors though, call me old fashion.. :/

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 09-25-2009, 10:08 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I was a bit shocked, but in reality took no offense.

The tools are designed so they work in win7 (I run them on win7-64), but unexpected things can go wrong.
I'll look into the flicker issue - should be an easy fix (mabe).

Rogean wanted the webpage live, and with limited time I had to move it over, but did not make a new page yet. I have looked at the www for templates, and am working on a total re-write. So I do agree on that part. I could use help in that dept.

So, if someone can come up with a eq theme -- along the lines of eqemulator.net, then that would be very helpfull. A template is needed

Thanks for the feedback - good or not so good.

GeorgeS

Old 09-25-2009, 10:30 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

I have been going to Georges page for years and not one time did it ever cross my mind that it was to hard to navigate or find what I was looking for. I'm just grateful that Georges take the time to keep all of his tools updated for the community and not let them become outdated and useless, I guess I would have taken offense to that and maybe loose motivation.

I could say more but I just really want to give Georges a big thank you for the work he does for the community at large.