Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Squiffy
Sarnak

Default Adding / Modfying Zonelines... how?

So I've got a GoD server going, but the problem is, that none of the zonelines work, or they punt you off to some totally unrelated zone.

How do I add zonelines? I know I can add them to the DB, no problem there, but how do I create a zoneline in the map itself? So when a player hits a certain location it can even query the database to see where they should go?
Old 01-12-2004, 05:56 PM
mattmeck

when you edit them in the DB there edited so when the player hits that loc in the zone the well zone. so you dont need to do anything to the maps just make them correctly in the DB...

You could check out Myra's DB I think she has zone points correct or they will be on the next reliece.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Squiffy
Sarnak

Maybe I'm misunderstanding... the GoD zones have no zonepoints for most of the zonelines. Meaning you run over them, nothing happens, you can run right through them to the dead end section. Some of them punt you to the Nexus or some arbitrary zone. Unsure why, as of yet, since none of the GoD zones have entries in the Zone Point table.

Maybe I need an explanation of how the zonepoint table works...

Using EQEmu Admin here

id: 977
zone:Qinimi
number:1
y:
x:
z:
heading:
target_zone:Riwwi
target_y:-205
target_x:254
target_z:5
target_heading:0
keep_x:0
keep_y:0
keep_z:0
zoneinst:0

So do the y, x, z columns allow me to say where the zoneline is from Qinimi to Riwwi?

And the thing I don't get, is the zoneline is, well, geometrically a line, not a point. Does the user have to step on that exact location to trigger the zone?

Maybe I'm confusing myself here :lol:
Old 01-12-2004, 07:12 PM
mattmeck

hhmm dont get discouraged if it takes a day or 3 for this to get answered, there isnt too many people who can answer this. What your asking went beond what I know. So world builders, SCorp anyone lol
Old 01-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Squiffy
Sarnak

Well, I started fiddling on my own, inserting locations into the database around where the zonelines should be. I'm wondering if somehow the zonefile takes that /location and makes a line between the two nearest walls and that point?

/shrug

Seemed to work from the little bit I experimented with, in any case.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy
Well, I started fiddling on my own, inserting locations into the database around where the zonelines should be. I'm wondering if somehow the zonefile takes that /location and makes a line between the two nearest walls and that point?
Yes, the x,y,z tells where the zone point is.

You'll find, often, that the destination zone entry back to the zone you are doing will often have the return point into the zone you are doing. You can use this location, if you don't know where the zone point should be, go in and #goto that point. Then, one step at a time, do a #loc. When you zone, you found it and the last #loc (+/-) should be the zonepoint. Trial and error method. Error skill improves much faster than the trial skill, I'm already at max on error

Try to get at the middle point for the zone point. I'm not sure if it makes a line from a wall to a wall... I would be inclined to think it is just an area of a specific size.

Quote:
Seemed to work from the little bit I experimented with, in any case.
Like I said, trial and error is the only way I have found to do this. If there's a better way, I would love to know it.

Do me a favor, and when you have them working, share them with everyone else. Even of you only have part of them. EQEmu is open source, and if everyone shares the whole project gets better faster.

The above does not apply to modifications unique to a given server, only those things that are common to everyone.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:38 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

hello

zonelines like doors have an ID hardcoded in the game I think, I don't know if you can find it via your client files, if yes I don't know the way to do it =)

here is the table zone_points :
CREATE TABLE `zone_points` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`zone` char(16) NOT NULL default '',
`number` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
`x` float NOT NULL default '0',
`y` float NOT NULL default '0',
`z` float NOT NULL default '0',
`target_x` float NOT NULL default '0',
`target_y` float NOT NULL default '0',
`target_z` float NOT NULL default '0',
`target_heading` float NOT NULL default '0',
`target_zone` char(16) NOT NULL default '',
`heading` float NOT NULL default '0',
`keep_x` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`keep_y` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`zoneinst` smallint(5) unsigned default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
UNIQUE KEY `NewIndex` (`number`,`zone`)
)

zone lines are teleports, like some doors when they teleport you if you click on it, and like some platforms that teleport you when you walk on it
with this table you specify where it teleports you, it can be in the same zone, or another

'id' is an auto_increment, it's not important
'zone' is the name of the zone where is the teleport
'number' is the ID I was speaking of, it's very important then ) it specifies which teleport these infos are corresponding to

x,y,z and heading, are not important, I don't know if they are used ?

target_zone is the zone where the teleport leads, can be same zone or another
target_x,target_y,target_z and target_heading is the loc where it teleports you in the target zone

keep_x,keep_y are booleans where you specify if the player keep the same direction when it appears in the target_zone at the target loc

'zone_inst' I don't know what it is =)

so you have to know the 'number' of each zone_line
you will be able to collect it exactly with the target locs and zones with packet collectors when GOD will be live
but anyway, those numbers are usually 1 for the 1rst zone line, 2 for the 2nde zone line, etc ... =)
so you maybe can try some numbers and some test locs to discover which number correspond to which zone line =)

I hope it helps

In the topic "Platform Zoning" I gave an example for Bastion of Thunder, a zone with a lot of teleports/doors/zone lines you can download sql files
Old 01-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Squiffy
Sarnak

Yea, I started doing guesswork and got it figured out. I was just lost as to how a single point (x,y,z) could represent a zoneline, which is, geometrically, a line. I guess it automatically draws the line based on the heading, or something.

/shrug

Got em to work, in any case. GoD zones are fully explorable with zonelines (that I know so far)

Just no mobs or anything yet.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:33 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default zone lines

did all the above and just can't get them to work at all. Trying to get them to work in LDoN to no avail.
I've tried to setup (tamper with ) clicky doors like the nexus stone to PoK but broke it and now it is completly gone. Been trying to do this for about 3 to 4 days now and i'm about to rip all my hair out. Have to call be baldy bushman lol
Old 09-05-2004, 07:11 AM
wize_one
Dragon

way to bump a 9 month old post.. the click to tp stuff is actually a door.. look there for the info
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.