Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Archivis
Sarnak

Default Question on NPC control

Because the NPC database is incomplete, there are a large number of zones that have no population. So I figure, no problem, I saw the post on the how to forum on how to make a spawn permanent , so I thought I could manually populate the zones at least partially, so places like GD wouldn't be just big wastes of space.

The how to guide says to make the spawn you want, using the #spawn command then to make it permanent, target the NPC and use both commands;
#npcspawn create
#npcspawn add

I do this, and I'm told after each command, spawn00 created, spawn00 added. All fine and good, until I leave the zone and come back. When I return, the spawn I made is gone. So after thinking about it, I figure the reason it isn't working could be because I'm running a 5.0 server and either the option hasn't been coded in yet to work properly, or the how to I found is out of date and no longer applies.

Question for the masses, which is it, if either? I rather like the idea of being able to manually populate my world, being that it's a role playing server anyway, kinda adds a personal touch to the game settings. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:38 AM
Kgaul
Hill Giant

had the same thing happen on Raevenloft... The fix is to reboot your DB, Atleast it worked with my prob. Once i restarted my computer my spawns returned..

I do have another NPC question, I cnat seem to find where my new spawn id is located in the DB. Which table do they store new NPC's in?

Kgaul
Old 11-03-2003, 01:43 AM
Archivis
Sarnak

Yeah Kgaul I found that when I rebooted the server all was fine except that NPC's I made had shown up, however it cuased a new problem along with it, it seems all the NPC's I made came up, even the ones that I had made mistakes on and now when I try to use the #npcspawn remove command, the zone I'm in crashes and the NPC stays there. AND I cant use the #zsave command, I get told the zone cfg couldn't save. Anyone know how to fix this? I'd like to be able to keep the zone and sky settings I use without have to retype them every time.