Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:41 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Default Jest 3 just keeps getting better and better!

Our dev team is working overtime to bring you one of the best possible solo and single group raid experiences in the entire eqemu universe.

Come check us out!

Our forums are at www.jestemulator.net
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-16-2007, 02:52 AM
ChainVTF
Fire Beetle

I have to agree, I started playing on this server last week and I love it. It's a different experience, and has a small but supportive player base. Exploring is rewarded, and some great new content.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Just a quick question there gernblan. How in the world are you guys affording a OC-12 connection? Especially for EQEmu at that? Surely you guys host other things, or that is the rated bandwidth possible with your dedicated host.

Just curious, thats all lol.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
gernblan
Discordant

It's nice to have friends

I have a friend that was able to get my box into a major data center in Minnesota while not costing me a (too) ridiculous amount of money.

And yes... I host other things unrelated to eqemu as well there. So, I basically worked out a deal where they'd stick my eqemu server into the rack and then look the other way
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 AM
gernblan
Discordant

LoL! I have this server so tweaked now that everything running (kernel, all OS support, mysql, ssh, etc.) only takes up 98MB of RAM. Emu shared memory and all zones + world take only about another 110MB at startup with this configuration.

As far as the connection goes, it's a fiber optic link (steady OC-3 speed) only 1 hop away from the OC-12. Burstable. IN other words, there is no bandwidth cap if we ever needed one. I only limit on the server end on occasion to keep the pings as low as possible.
Jest 4 Server

Last edited by gernblan; 08-31-2007 at 01:01 PM..