Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-18-2002, 12:40 PM
morpheus014
Hill Giant

Default Error: 1017

Ok I am running 3.12, eq updated and all,
and i just made a dyndns to try and solve the problem of my router skrewing up my server, mapped my ip, rebooted, set a fixed ip for myself that matches the one i mapped, (i posted this in the release thread for 3.12, moving it here). Other people can now log into my server and create characters, login etc, but i get a 1017 error every time I try and log into my own server. I am clueless as to what to do from here... any ideas anyone?
Old 11-18-2002, 05:02 PM
Xarslik
Hill Giant

Are you trying to login to the server from the machine it's running on or one on the local network? Also, make sure you've setup your hosts file correctly.

Finally, verify that you've removed the account= and password= lines from LoginServer.ini, and the worldaddress is pointing to your dynamic host name.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:00 AM
morpheus014
Hill Giant

Yes I am trying to log into the emu on the same computer that I am hosting on, and my hosts file is set up right, using my fixed lan ip and my dyndns name. Not sure what the problem is here but im betting that its my router, its driving me crazy!!