Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Alby
Fire Beetle

Default Weird login question.

I'm trying to login through the login server on any one of my three accounts registered under this forum username. Two of those accounts I cannot log in to, it's giving me 'incorrect password'. One of the user accounts works just fine.

I can log into the user CP section here, and change all three passwords without any problems, so I know the actual password is correct for the two logins that are not working. I can log in on any number of other accounts not under this forum username, without problem, so I don't believe the login is erroring, because it wouldn't just do it for those two accounts and no others.

I also had a friend try to log in with those two accounts, and he couldn't either - he lives across the country from me.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Oggobogg
Fire Beetle

same here can log in 4 out of 5 accounts the last one says wrong user/pw was just in yesterady and did not change PW!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Woodstick
Fire Beetle

Default Wrong username/password error

I have a similar problem.

I get wrong username/password error when I try to log in. I have used the exact same login password before without problem. Also when I try a different username and password I first get the error "can't establish connection". When I trie the same again I get the familiar "wrong username/password" message. It is all very weired.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Oggobogg
Fire Beetle

even changing the PW for the account doesnt seem to affect it!
Old 03-21-2009, 12:03 PM
lanastjames
Fire Beetle

Im having the same problem.was fine,didnt touch the pw.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 PM
woaichijuzi
Fire Beetle

same to you,i can log in 1 out of 2 accounts but another always says wrong user/pw after Ls server reset.i can change my password succ but cant log in.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Alby
Fire Beetle

I think I found a fix. Try changing your password to something that is only 6 characters. My previous password was 15 characters, and I changed it down to 6 and it appears to work now fine. It seems like somehow any characters over 6 were edited and caused the password to error.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

6 digit pw worked for me
Old 03-21-2009, 02:18 PM
velocian17
Fire Beetle

I'm getting the same incorrect username/pw message, but cannot remember my old forum account that was used for the login account. The email that was used for it is long gone with an old isp I haven't used in years, is there anything I can do to recover it?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:31 PM
ryanlepsch
Fire Beetle

Same boat as velocian17.. I can't remember for the life of me the email I used for my 2 year old accounts.. And two of my login accounts are having this password error :(
Old 03-21-2009, 03:09 PM
cavalierslbj
Fire Beetle

i cant log in and ive changed the password like 10 times and nothing all which have been to 6 characters
Old 03-21-2009, 03:40 PM
woaichijuzi
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
I think I found a fix. Try changing your password to something that is only 6 characters. My previous password was 15 characters, and I changed it down to 6 and it appears to work now fine. It seems like somehow any characters over 6 were edited and caused the password to error.
Thank you alby,i change my password to 6characters and then can log.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Lightinfist
Fire Beetle

I am having the same situation. I can change the passwords but the account won't let me in. Could an admin send me a private msg
Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 PM
MichaelMontana
Fire Beetle

same issue, changing the password to 6 characters didnt do anything for me
Old 03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
MichaelMontana
Fire Beetle

and it seems to be happening with new accounts maybe, because my friend that got me into this has 3 accounts and they all work for him.