Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Karbuk
Fire Beetle

Default Mana/meditation bug??

Umm ever since about an hour or 2 ago I would sit down...med to 100% mana..id stand up to go do something and my mana bar would drain to like 10% without having done anything...happens everytime i sit down and try to med for mana...it just drains away for no reason at all...i have plenty of food/water in my backpacks...
Old 01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Sounds like a difference between what the client thinks your max mana is, and what the server knows it is.

I'm not sure what causes it though.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
trevius
Developer

If you are using items that are too high level for your char, the server won't add those stats, but the client still will. So, if you leveled up, equiped high level stuff, and then de-leveled, you would be wearing some equipment that actually gives you no bonus at all. You should be able to use #mystats to see if your mana that the server sees matches what your inventory window shows.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Karbuk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
If you are using items that are too high level for your char, the server won't add those stats, but the client still will. So, if you leveled up, equiped high level stuff, and then de-leveled, you would be wearing some equipment that actually gives you no bonus at all. You should be able to use #mystats to see if your mana that the server sees matches what your inventory window shows.

Im only level 7 and am wearly mostly nothing for items...I died a few times but never lost a level...im logging on now to check the mystats thing...
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Karbuk
Fire Beetle

same thing...and i dont have access to use #mystats....i sit..medded just now to 83%...stood up...hit 5%...the only mana that seems to count is when im standing or running around...my supposedly meditated mana isnt there...and then some on top of that
Old 01-11-2010, 02:15 AM
trevius
Developer

Are you playing on your own server, or someone else's server? It sounds like the server might have some rules set for mana regen that might be causing your client to see something that doesn't match with the server.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Karbuk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Are you playing on your own server, or someone else's server? It sounds like the server might have some rules set for mana regen that might be causing your client to see something that doesn't match with the server.
Nope but I hit level 8 and sat down...meditate points started going up and the problem was gone...whatever the bug or problem was it is before i had meditate kick in. Thanks tho trev its working fine now
Old 01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Maybe your client thought you had meditate and the server didn't, so it replied with your actual mana as per its calculations. Might just be a bug with the client when your meditate skill is 1?