Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Quests

Archive::Quests Archive area for Quests's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Mrwalsh
Sarnak

Default NPCs and Perl

After some gentle perusing, I couldn't find anything that related to this, unless I completely missed it.

Here's the scenario:

Mob001 is standing at the Crushbone entrance. After a certain period of time (time being the only trigger), I need him to run down the path towards the throneroom, attacking orcs as he comes within their reach (which I think can be done with factions, correct?). Now, multiply the number of Mob001 to be about 10, to simulate a sort of "war", NPC vs NPC.

What would be the best way to go about doing this sort of thing?

Thanks ahead of time.

But hey, I'm back, finally!
Old 08-18-2004, 01:42 AM
melquiades
Fire Beetle

just an idea : if you want attackers to act as a 'party' in a war, do :

have one mob spawn in a regular fashion (the leader), then it spawns 9 more mobs in its spawn event. The new mobs will have quest::follow in their own spawn event, so you will keep the band together.

As for moving them after a while, setting a grid with a good delay on the first wp of the leader should do it (dunno if there are perl functions for saying 'start moving now' ...)

As a matter of atcking, factions should be ok imho.

i hope this helps. lemme know, i'd like to setup some kind of guard patrols in a city using this.