Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Dstanzler
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a new community in an active eqemu server... or even...

I was an EQ maniac so is my brother and my friends. We miss the old times but have all grown up so much. We don't have the time, the money, and the resources to play catchup these days without a guild not to mention purchase every expansion since luclin and collect all of those botox laden aa points.

We're all major techies. I myself am living up at college with a T5 connection and a free counter-strike server sitting here. I wouldn't mind emulating an eq server but I doubt it would be all that popular.

We are seeking a new community thats rather populated within the classic eq realm of emulation. Generally a server that doesn't have level 255's running around PKing =) but where many things are done classically.

Perhaps someone out there can recommend something?

Dave
Old 09-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Kikaro
Sarnak

Well we are trying to set up something like this. Right now we have a few members as we just started out. We are trying ot bring a few custom things to the game, but it wil ltake time. The server is pretty stable currently running its own box. Its called "The Last Stand" and it is a fully legit server. PoP is not an option right now as it is not working. But come check it out.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Dstanzler
Fire Beetle

Default Not like anyone cares about pop ;)

GREAT MAN! Anyway to tell how many people are playing at any given time?

Dave
Old 09-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Kikaro
Sarnak

that i dont really know unless I look at the server itself.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:48 AM
fault
Hill Giant

wheres this server at?

and wy isnt pop working? from posts iv read eqemu should be almost compat with live upto 9/13
Old 09-17-2005, 12:08 PM
rojadruid2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fault
wheres this server at?

and wy isnt pop working? from posts iv read eqemu should be almost compat with live upto 9/13

Yes eqemu is comptibale with live if you last patched on 9/12 or before. however the database is not populated that far ahead yet. unless the server admin has managed to hand spawn everymob in each of the zones and then saving them into the database.

I am running the last live compatible server version like many here from the login server. Finaly solved a router nat problem so the server is up. Some of pop is spawned and working like books. the bazarr is not(still empty). Give it a try if you want.

RojaDruid
Raven's Nest server admin.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:50 PM
fault
Hill Giant

well login in to scorpious2k the thing says to download other expansions so i did O_o dling oow don and dod