Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Congdar
Developer

Default npc_spells_entries

I'm looking for a little help with how this table works. It seems if I use the default cleric list, the npc will cast a bunch of buffs based on priority and do all the buffs in the database for their level.

I would like to see this work for heals too, but it doesn't seem to be. For instance, if I had only two heals in the database and if the highest priority was a celestial heal, then the next was a regular heal it would seem that the celestial heal would cast first and would still be active and the next heal would be the regular heal. Not working that way. Anyone know why?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Congdar
Developer

so, would it be safe to say that if each npc has a pool of 16 spells to use that SpellType_Buff is the only one that can have more than one entry and have it work?

const int SpellType_Nuke=1;
const int SpellType_Heal=2;
const int SpellType_Root=4;
const int SpellType_Buff=8;
const int SpellType_Escape=16;
const int SpellType_Pet=32;
const int SpellType_Lifetap=64;
const int SpellType_Snare=128;
const int SpellType_DOT=256;
Old 03-03-2008, 01:38 PM
trevius
Developer

I believe there is a setting for Proc rate. Maybe you have to adjust that for the 2 heal spells you want to alternate. I think if the proc rate is set to 0, it won't cast it at all. But that field may only be for damage based spells. I haven't played around with it that much, but I have noticed the same issue you are talking about before.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Congdar
Developer

I changed the type of the celestial heal to SpellType_Buff and gave it a low priority and it worked the way I wanted with the celestial heal being cast and then the regular heal if there was a need for a booster, but since the npc was casting the celestial heal every time it wore off, it very quickly ran out of mana :(
The proc rate was above 0 but it didn't seem to matter.