Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Sardek
Fire Beetle

Default Trouble setting up a LAN server

I thought I went through all of the directions perfectly in Techguy84's guide but I am starting to get error messages when I try to start it up.

I run start.bat and two windows pop up just like the guide says they should. I hit enter on the command prompt window that says "Press any key to continue" and then it goes through and says
[Debug] [World_LS] Connecting to login server...
[Debug] [World_LS] Setting World to MiniLogin Server type
[Debug] [World_LS] Connected to Loginserver: 192.168.1.102:5999
[Debug] [World_LS_ERR] Login server responded with FatalError. Disabling reconnect.
[Debug] [World_LS_ERR] Bad server name. Unknown reason.

Every few seconds these lines start popping up. I initially set the server name as Ryans (yea, but I'm the only one playing right now :-P ) and then I decided to set it just to X and I changed the values in eqemu_config.xml and in the LoginServer.ini file but I still get the same error. Anyone else experience this or know how I can fix it?

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Sardek
Fire Beetle

Never mind. I think I found out what was going on. In my LoginServer file everything was in one line. I spaced it out like it was in the guide and it started working. I think there might have been a space after the server name...
Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Sardek
Fire Beetle

The server seems to be up and running fine but when I try to connect to the login server it just stops at the message "Logging into the server. Please wait..."

I re-installed Everquest and re-set up the client side following the guide but I still have the same problem. I have 3 dos windows open and one says at the top... 1 Server(s), 1 Client(s) Connected

Any ideas?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:21 AM
endra
Sarnak

Default Info please

Can I have the contents of your loginserver.ini, config.xml, a dump of what the worldserver says as well as the zoneserver and minilogin? Be sure not to give your real db password when giving the info
Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 PM
techguy84
Discordant

The 1 Server 1 Client window I belive is the minilogin window. The issue is that you are connecting to the Minilogin, but its not passing you on to the world server. Double, Triple check all your config files, check to make sure that the database is correctly set up, best to use Navicat for this one. Also try to close all firewalls and antivirus software including the windows one. If your worried about virus, just unplug your dls/cable modem from the internet.

Like endra said, copys of your eqemu_config.xml, loginserver.ini and the log dumps pertaining to the error would be helpful as it will normally point to the error.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Theeper
Discordant

Make sure you set your client's IP in the minilogin_ip field of the account table.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Sardek
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the replies. I must have had an IP wrong somewhere or something like that. I double checked all my settings and changed all IPs to the 127.0.0.1 ip and re-tried and it worked! I was able to kill everything in Crushbone.

Thank you for the replies.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Moncleared
Fire Beetle

Default Greetings

I'm having the exact same problem as you, can you please copy/paste your contents for me so I can double check with mine from your ini files you fixed that fixed this problem? I'm getting the fatal error you got about the world server name being bad or whatever. Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Moncleared
Fire Beetle

Fixed old error, new error is

For Minilogin to work, You need to set the <address> element in the world section

I've trippled checked my files, not sure...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Theeper
Discordant

I think you aren't supposed to use 127.0.0.1 as a client IP ... it causes other IP schemes not to be able to login.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:58 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

If it's all on one machine, EQ, SQL, and client, the 127.0.0.1 should be ok. But yes, it will not work if you want LAN/WAN playability.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Caranreion
Fire Beetle

Default Eek, having the same errors

Keeps responding with Fatal Error and talk about how my world name is bad and whatnot. If someone sees something wrong here let me know For now I'm just trying to run it all on the same computer, hence the same IP everywhere.

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>x</shortname>
<longname>x</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>