Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:17 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Default Issues Compiling

I've tried my damnedest to not come on the boards and ask a bunch of stupid-ass questions, but after trying to get the source to compile for a few days now, I'm running out of ideas.

I've installed the binaries on a server and got the whole thing set up, and the documentation that Angelox wrote worked beautifully.

Now I'm trying to compile from the source code, since I don't want to be that guy that has no clue what's in the code he's running (and I'd like to make some customizations as well). I will be sure to update the wiki with compile info after I get this working (I promise).

Anyway, I followed the guide that Cans posted in 2004 http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...hlight=compile (which I'm sure is a little out of date), so that is likely my problem. If there is a more up-to-date guide out there, and I'm just being a search-tard, please let me know.

I can get EmuShareMem to compile easily, but World.exe and Zone.exe are not being so nice. It goes along fine until it starts the "Linking..." portion.

Here is the end of my build output for World.exe:
Code:
1>Linking...
1>Client62.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>Titanium.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>Anniversary.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>EQWHTTPHandler.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>EQWParser.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>wguild_mgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>Live.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>EQStreamIdent.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>guild_base.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>logsys.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ) referenced in function "bool __cdecl load_log_settings(char const *)" (?load_log_settings@@YA_NPBD@Z)
1>StructStrategy.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>zonelist.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>zoneserver.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>rulesys.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>EQStream.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>LauncherLink.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>LauncherList.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>LoginServer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>net.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>cliententry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>clientlist.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>console.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl log_message(enum LogType,char const *,...)" (?log_message@@YAXW4LogType@@PBDZZ)
1>.\../build/World.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Creating browse information file...
1>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\eqemu\source\Build\World\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>World - 24 error(s), 46 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
If someone could point me in the right direction (or call me a moron), it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lieka

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)

Last edited by TheLieka; 08-08-2007 at 05:12 PM..
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Aye! Those instructions are indeed old. Try the Wiki:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...a=DevVSExpress

That's for VSExpress, but I think it's the libs and includes that are screwing you. Give that a try.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:04 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Just to clarify, I am supposed to remove EQChatPacket.cpp from the common source for building Zone.exe, right? I found a few posts (though they were a bit older) to that affect. I get an error saying that the VS cannot find those files when I don't, but after I do, I get the 24 object errors (in the build log from my original post) when VS starts trying to link.

I double checked my includes and libraries and I'm still getting those errors.

Any other ideas about what causes this?

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-09-2007, 06:05 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I do not remove anything from any of the projects to get it to compile. If it's not a mysql/perl/zlib dependency, I am out of answers. Sorry :(

The only thing I have to do on the Windows SLN is in order to build Release, I have to remove Zone.vcproj and re-add it, otherwise I get a "skipped" on zone build. Other than that, my Windows compiles are flawless (VC2005 Pro)
Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Thumbs up John Adams for President... again...

JA... you beautiful bastard! You just fixed my problem. The original walkthrough that I was reading (for VS2003) said to build each solution individually from the .dsw workspace, so that's what I was doing (and the server.dsw was throwing errors about "EQExtractor.dsp and pf2text.dsp being corrupted from the beginning, so I was trying to build from each .dsw individually: EmuShareMem.dsw, World.dsw, and Zone.dsw).

I went back and loaded the server.sln, then retried the build:

Code:
3>Generating Code...
3>Linking...
3>Embedding manifest...
3>Creating browse information file...
3>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727
3>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\eqemu\source\EQEmu-0.7.0-1023\Build\Zone\Release\BuildLog.htm"
3>Zone - 0 error(s), 32 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
You, sir, are a god. Thanks so much, you've made my week.

Lieka

P.S. The wiki has been updated: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...a=DevVSExpress

Last edited by TheLieka; 08-09-2007 at 03:12 PM..
Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Ya know, I'd love to take credit for being a stellar genius... unfortunately my idiotic ramblings just happened to contain the magical clue quite by accident.

I shall go back to drooling on my bib now.
/slobber

You're quite welcome
Old 08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Greetings,

SORRY to rebump an old one, but this solved my problem as well,

I can't get anything to compile in VS2008 I was very close in that I could get EQemu and Angelox's source to compile in vs2005 but zone kept getting skipped, and it's zone that Im making my first changes to....

Removing from the solution and re-adding it FIXED it.

I am one happy camper!!

One note that is current

If using Angelox 1133 source, edit zone.vcproj with a text editor first and change the version from 9.00 to 8.00 otherwise you'll get an error opening it in 2005

Thanks