Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Default PoTimeB Issue - Inny/Cazic/RZ/Bert

I'm working on getting PoTime fully working on my server and have ran into a snag.

I'm not the greatest perl guy yet, but working on it. Before I break things more than I fix, let me explain the problem in case someone has already done it.

The problem is when you go to the inny/cz/tz/bert room, the little pre mob armies have spawned and the gods are untargetable. When someone kills them all, the god does not become targetable. It looks like there is a search to see if they're all dead b4 the real one spawns but its not working.

I have the peq quests as a baseline. If needed, I can cut/paste code.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The zone isn't done yet, however the part you're on works fine. I've done it a million times in testing. The only thing I can think of is if multiple NPCs are killed at the exact same time they won't be counted (the count is done as each are killed, not at the end) I was planning on lowering the counts required for each phase to get around this by a couple. Though, in this particular case it wouldn't be difficult to have the untargetables probe to see which are up, if none are then spawn the normal versions. I'll change that when I get back to finishing the zone. There is still a lot of tweaking I have left to do.

Last edited by cavedude; 10-04-2008 at 08:38 PM..
Old 10-04-2008, 12:38 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You know, I'll do the same thing for phase 3, as I was concerned about people breaking that one as well. It'll require a heavy rewrite, but will be worth it. Now, I feel I have to work on potimeb, thanks a lot! :P
Old 10-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Haha, sorry dude!

But, that is for sure the problem. Remember, my server is a solo server, so when you get to that point...a lot of people like to AE...so that's probably what is breaking it.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Also, let me know if you have a change. Will be happy to put the entire package on my server to test.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:43 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Both the DB and quest CVS have been updated, I haven't tested my changes so there is likely to be problems, but I'm going to run through the zone now.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:46 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Oh, and just so you know none of the nameds have their stats, loot, spells, or AI yet. I'm going to do that last.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Cool, thanks.

I noticed that CZ/Bertox weren't the appropriate ones nor had loot. However, the rest did within PoTime. BUT I noticed the lack of spells too.

So, now I have the fun challenge of bridging a new PEQ DB release and mine. Shouldn't be too hard because I have all my update queries on how to rebuild the database if one went bad. But still, makes me nervous! Pretty darn custom on npcs, npc spells, and loot tables. Oh well, can just give a painful wakeup call to my players that are used to a good fight solo...to a fight on old terms. hehe