Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-24-2002, 01:17 PM
Craven Morehead
Fire Beetle

Default Lan help.

I have Windows XP, i'm running a linksys router with the pc's behind it. I get this error when I start the boot5zones.bat.

WorldServer connect: Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10061
InitWorldServer failed

I changed my lan ip(192.168.1.7) to 127.0.0.1 in every spot that was suggested earlier. Trying to do it lan cause my friend and my brother can't play if I host it on the net. Any help would be appriciated. Oh and ports 5999, 7990-7995 are open. I followed the readme, but I get that error everytime. I have no idea what is wrong.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:49 AM
donfi
Sarnak

Sorry to be the one to inform you. I truely am and sincerly hope you believe it but this is an exerpt from the read me file.

**NOTE: Do not use 192.* as any of the IP addresses or it may not work. Network or LAN playing is not
supported.

Once again I am sorry.