Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:51 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Default SoD Spells - recastdelay & recasttype

I noticed tonight that recastdelay was not working properly. I had two items set with seperate click effects, one being complete heal with recastdelay of 10 and the second being champion with a recastdelay of 180. Both had recasttype set to -1. I was able to click and use champion but when I attempted to use complete heal it said recast time not met which was not true as it had not been used. When the recastdelay on champion had passed it became usable again and the recastdelay of 10 on complete heal started counting down. Once the recastdelay on complete heal hit zero both items became usable again.

I thought that I could give each a different recasttype and avoid the problem so I set the complete heal item to recasttype 10 and the champion item to recasttype 9 and tried to use them again only to discover the problem remained.

I was able to reproduce this problem at will.

I am using eqemu_rev1596 and peqdb_1589.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Ignore the title of this post as it is not completely accurate. Probably should have been item click effects - recastdelay & recasttype. Dern edit function doesn't give you much time to change things.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
trevius
Developer

Using different recast delays (I think there are 20 total) should resolve that. Maybe you didn't restart your server completely after the change you made?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I deleted my db and emulator then reloaded and updated it to database(v1610) and emulator(v1612) and I can still reproduce the problem.

I would hope that closing the program and relaunching it would qualify as a complete restart. I guess I could wait a few minutes after closing the program before launching it again....it is possible that memory isn't being freed up quick enough to keep up with my clicking which could cause memory corruption to occur.