Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
DeathSymbolic
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a specific song from EQ..

Throughout the years with every expansion they released they sort of remixed the opening login theme. The one I liked the best was the Shadows of Luclin/Pre-Planes of Power opening theme. I can not find this theme ANYWHERE and was looking to see if someone could maybe help me. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:17 AM
zpsyx9
Fire Beetle

I'm actually working on creating a semi-classic experience server and found some stuff today. The mid files and converted mp3 files (which you need for Titanium) are linked in the thread. The mp3 are one of the last posts.

Link:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=115730
Old 08-26-2010, 10:58 PM
DeathSymbolic
Fire Beetle

Sadly that is not it. :-/. It is so hard to find for some reason. It was the theme directly before Planes of Power....I am absolutely certain of it.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:59 PM
steve
Discordant

I'm fairly certain the eqtheme never changed, until the PoP expansion, where it went orchestral. Prior to PoP, all music was midi files and the theme was baked into another file.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 PM
DeathSymbolic
Fire Beetle

No. It did. Around the time Luclin was out and directly before Planes of Power the login music was different from the classic and the newer login themes. I can not find this theme anywhere and to be honest alot of people don't seem to know it exists...it must not have been too popular. But I would stake my life on it that it exists. I am absolutely certain.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:20 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

not really on topic, but ... the best eq theme music is from eq2 =P
its much richer in actual "music" =P
overall eq2 music themes from Antonika and Gfay are simply UBER.
Of course eq1 had some great music too - East FP, West FP, kelethin (remastered in eq2), rich music from many PoP zones was awesome.
But it always felt like some of the zones were really worked on, while others were quick cut and paste together, and so was the music for those zones.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:11 PM
DeathSymbolic
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
not really on topic, but ... the best eq theme music is from eq2 =P
its much richer in actual "music" =P
overall eq2 music themes from Antonika and Gfay are simply UBER.
Of course eq1 had some great music too - East FP, West FP, kelethin (remastered in eq2), rich music from many PoP zones was awesome.
But it always felt like some of the zones were really worked on, while others were quick cut and paste together, and so was the music for those zones.
I played EQ2. The music is fantastic. But believe it or not I prefer EverQuest 1 music as I believe that in it's own way it provides a better atmosphere.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:16 AM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathSymbolic View Post
No. It did. Around the time Luclin was out and directly before Planes of Power the login music was different from the classic and the newer login themes. I can not find this theme anywhere and to be honest alot of people don't seem to know it exists...it must not have been too popular. But I would stake my life on it that it exists. I am absolutely certain.
If that is indeed the case, you can try installing from the Luclin CDs into another directory and see what you can find. I'd look myself, but I really don't think it exists. Or if it did, it might not have been included on the CD and was patched in. For the later case, it's definitely gone for good.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 PM
DeathSymbolic
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
If that is indeed the case, you can try installing from the Luclin CDs into another directory and see what you can find. I'd look myself, but I really don't think it exists. Or if it did, it might not have been included on the CD and was patched in. For the later case, it's definitely gone for good.
Well whether it exists or not is not even in question. It exists just as much as the keyboard exists that I type this on. But what you said at the end did make sense...if it was indeed patched in which I am thinking it probably was...I am certain I will not be able to find it unless I buddy up with someone from SoE and dig through there files. :-p. Thanks for the help man.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:49 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathSymbolic View Post
Well whether it exists or not is not even in question. It exists just as much as the keyboard exists that I type this on. But what you said at the end did make sense...if it was indeed patched in which I am thinking it probably was...I am certain I will not be able to find it unless I buddy up with someone from SoE and dig through there files. :-p. Thanks for the help man.
Sony probably doesn't have it anymore either. They've stated on their forums that they no longer have the files used to create any of the "old zones" - including PoP/Luclin char models. This is why they haven't made new armor or why PoK gets "hacked in" doors to Bazaar and Lobby with door objects.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 AM
joligario
Developer

I have original, trilogy, luclin, and pop discs still. Just checked difference from SoV to Luclin, and I can't hear any difference in the midi opening sequence. I have yet to check the pop disc. Now, the install music was different with each one if that's what you are talking about.