Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Ridiculous
Fire Beetle

Default Issues with Logging In

I've created my account for both Project 1999 & EQEmu forums and also went into the User CP and created three different sign-ins and every time I try logging in with any of them I get "invalid username/password". I've done everything step-by-step regarding the "Getting Started" information, what am I missing? Is it user error or is this something common that occurs that I just need to wait out?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
snak1
Fire Beetle

Default me too

im pretty sure this you all have this this kind of post a millions of time but it sucks cuz i been trying to fix this problem for over 3 hours now and i just want to play i been creating 3 cp acount ....... I Try to long in and all i get is wrong password and acount ... i followed the guide ... and its not working so What do i do wrong .. i dont no but i sure would like to know cuz i want to play and i can't
Old 03-25-2010, 01:19 AM
snak1
Fire Beetle

Old 03-27-2010, 12:07 AM
izzy181
Fire Beetle

i'm having same problem bro
Old 03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
snak1
Fire Beetle

and still no answer from anyone for a lil help i guess we must be to stupid for em.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
trevius
Developer

Is your password the same for all accounts? I think there is a note about passwords in the FAQ in my sig. Basically, if you are having password issues with the Login Server, try setting your LS password to be exactly 6 characters and see if that helps. Basically, I think really long passwords get cut off, so it doesn't match up when it tries to check them against what you set it as. I don't know what the length cut-off is for passwords exactly, but I do know that 6 works just fine.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 AM
pickles26dd
Fire Beetle

im having the same issue.. I've followed the guide step by step.. but it wont let me log in to my accounts I created... and my pass is 6char long
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 AM
trevius
Developer

Either you didn't create actual Login Server accounts as I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, or you are using the incorrect port for the client you are using (5998 for Titanium and SoF, or 5999 for SoD or UF), or, you may be using an unsupported EQ Client completely. Which client are you using? If you read the Play Guide, it explains the compatible clients and how to set each one up.