Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-03-2002, 04:24 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Default Option for gentoo

Heres an option for gentoo. One of the gentoo developers created an ebuild that will compile/install gcc 2.95 after a gcc3 install. It puts them as gcc-2.95 rather than gcc. I'm trying to get the build to work, but you can grab it from

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8491

Let me know if it works for you. Im getting errors trying to do the ebuild at the moment.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:37 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Alright, the ebuild is working for me, the problem I was having was control characters in the ebuild file because I created it in windows and sent it over to linux... (DOH!). I ran dos2unix against the file, now the ebuild is running properly for me. Hopefully, this will allow me to change the makefiles to use gcc-2.95 and compile the code against it. We'll see if it works.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:40 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Alright, this works for me.. Ive been able to compile world and zone, and get them running... Still having problems getting btuch's latest NAT change to work as it cant resolve my world address, but shouldnt be that big of a deal...
Old 11-03-2002, 11:13 AM
flipper
Sarnak

Trump,

Thank you very much for hunting down that ebuild. I will go try it right now and hopefully not trash my existing gcc-3.2

Thanks,
Flipper
Old 11-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Works good for me, installs everything in parallel so it doesnt step on gcc3.2 anywhere. Now Im back to working out NAT issues inside my firewall..LOL... Still need to figure out how to port the code over to 3.2, but at least this will be a work around for us gentoo users for the time being.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:43 PM
flipper
Sarnak

Worked great for me too. You still need to apply Image's modification to misfunctions.cpp
http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.p...;threadid=3886
Old 11-04-2002, 12:38 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Post on the comments section on the bugs.gentoo.org forum link I sent upwards with your success with this ebuild. I spoke with the author of it, and he's glad to have extra people testing it out. He asked if we'd mind posting our successes with the ebuild as he wants to get it rolled into the CVS tree.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:08 AM
flipper
Sarnak

Just posted my comments on bugs.gentoo.org. I'd like to see this become an official ebuild (unmasked or not).
Old 11-06-2002, 04:09 PM
penfold1972
Fire Beetle

Well, it took me a little bit, but I got the ebuild applied. World and zone compiled, for me. World seems to run fine, but zone dies with a segmentation fault. The only change I made to the make file was to change CC and LINKER to gcc-2.95, was there something else I missed?
Old 11-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Other than adding #include <stdarg.h> to MiscFunctions.cpp, that was it. I had to make some changes in mine to get the mysql includes in because of the way I build apache/mysql/php (use apachetoolbox.com rather than emerging those 3). Run ldd zone and make sure everything is there..
Old 11-06-2002, 06:22 PM
flipper
Sarnak

Nope, that's all there is to it. Replace misfunctions.cpp with the link I gave above, set compiler/linker to gcc-2.95, compile, and enjoy. Are you passing "zone" the proper arguements? It should be something like this:

./zone . 123.123.123.123 7995 123.123.123.123

where 123.123.123.123 would be replaced by your real IP# and 7995 is the port used by that zone server. To run multiple zone servers just execute the same command but increment the port by 1 each time.