Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 07-25-2014, 01:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default MediaWiki

I have been putting thought into this and want to bounce some ideas off you guys. I want to create a nice wiki for Chronicles of Norrath. Manually creating these pages will take me a long ass time. I do not mind putting in the desciptions and I can do that in my spare time, but a lot of this data is in the PEQ database. So I am thinking since there is a mediawiki API already out there, and it works well I should be able to hash something out in C# in a short amount of time.

Thoughts on issues I may encounter?
Old 07-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I have been putting thought into this and want to bounce some ideas off you guys. I want to create a nice wiki for Chronicles of Norrath. Manually creating these pages will take me a long ass time. I do not mind putting in the desciptions and I can do that in my spare time, but a lot of this data is in the PEQ database. So I am thinking since there is a mediawiki API already out there, and it works well I should be able to hash something out in C# in a short amount of time.

Thoughts on issues I may encounter?
Not really making much sense what exactly you want to put into the Wiki.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:40 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I found a C# wrapper for MediaWiki, when I have something more solid I will post something here regarding what I am trying to accomplish.

UPDATE:

Okay, using the API was able to create a new MediaWiki page so I am good. My plan is to pull from the PEQ database to create a MediaWiki. Past that point the users will be able to edit the pages to add more specifics like Descriptions of the zones, items, etc..
Old 07-25-2014, 06:24 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I think you're wanting to do something like p99's wiki?
Old 07-25-2014, 06:46 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yep, and it is coming along pretty good right now. I am polling the database and filling the wiki.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:16 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Then, as long as the data you want is in the DB, you shouldn't run into issues :P
Old 07-25-2014, 07:18 PM
provocating
Demi-God

It is going to more about cross-linking the data that will be an issue. I will have to seriously think about a good way to accomplish that. It also depends on how much data I want to bring over.