Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-04-2004, 06:15 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Default Increasing faction on mob death

Are multiple increases and decreases in faction when killing a mob enabled in the code? If so, is it just a matter of entering data into the database to get this working?

gc
Old 04-05-2004, 06:05 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

What a coincidence, I was looking at faction stuff just the other evening :lol:

The faction hits are in the table "npc_faction_entries".
Old 04-05-2004, 08:26 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

I found the table, but it seems whenever I kill anything I only get a notice that faction for that specific mob went down. I wanted to know if EQLive-like faction was implemented where multiple faction increases and decreases happen (since I have not gotten any multiple-line faction increase/decrease messages)...

If so, I can modify my item script to create a full, fairly accurate faction database for public consumption.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2004, 08:57 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by govtcheeze
If so, I can modify my item script to create a full, fairly accurate faction database for public consumption.

Thanks
That would rule in so many ways...
Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Well, I know there's a way to change the faction, but I don't know about changing factions for more than one "group" at a time.

I do know that you can make MASSIVE faction hits though because I was playing in the Sleepers Lair last night and went from dubious to "your faction standing with X could not get any worse" in 3 kills!

I don't think that what you're looking for though.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:49 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

The records sourced into that table by default are faction losses for the factions the npc's are on. But you can add more records in there for more faction increases. I tried it yesterday and killed an orc, and both lost faction with Clan Crushbone and gained faction with Kelethin Citizens.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:35 AM
capusr5
Sarnak

Yup, you can have up to 10 different entries in that table for a specific NPC and a specific faction.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:05 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Sweet! I was looking at this last night and could not quite figure out how the tables all worked together. Ranger, would you mind posting your npc_type (if you changed it) for the orc, and all associated faction tables with the mob it worked with?

Also, did you actually get a faction message, or did you just see the faction changes in the faction_values table?
Old 04-06-2004, 07:32 AM
capusr5
Sarnak

If you want to try it you can go to npc_types table, pick up your Orc and write down its npc_faction_id value. Then go to npc_faction_entries and look for that value. You should see at the same row the actual faction that will be modified (and by what value +/-). You can then add a couple of more rows with the same value you got from npc_types and different factions with positive or negative values, if you want to test it.

Or if you hate direct DB editing, you can use a program I made that does this for you (among other things). Its on the 3rd party tools forum if you want to try it out. (its called iEQ)
Old 04-06-2004, 10:48 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

^ ^ ^ What Capusr said

When I killed the orc I saw both faction messages. If you change the faction entries in the database while the server is live, you might have to shut the world completely down and reboot it before it takes effect.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:08 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

You both rock! I am going to put some finishing touches on my item database, and then work on the faction project. Thanks for the info.