Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:55 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Default Merchant Last Names By Shop Type

Hello,

I have developed a patch which associates a name with each of the merchant_ids in the database. This has two effects:
1. It allows a world builder to look through a list with names instead of a list of IDs for selecting which shop to give to a merchant.
2. It allows the last name of merchant NPCs to be set to things more like EQ live, so you can see quickly what a given merchant has. The showname field of the merchantsets table with an Id of the merchant_id for the NPC will be substituted for the NPCs last name if it is a merchant, and such a record exists in the merchantsets table.

I have gone thought every merchant type in the current project EQ database and given them a name. Im not an EQ expert, so im sure some of them are a little off, but it gets the point across.

This was partially inspired by iEQ, and I tried to keep the database table compatible with it so it might be used to edit this new name system. I had to add a new column to the table for a shorter name, which also serves as a separation between a name the developers give the shop, and the client sees in the game. Because this second name isn
Old 08-03-2004, 10:41 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

The only problem with this, is that we at project EQ collect our last names from live.

The simple fix to allow last names to show (shoptype) is already posted here on dev forums.

You basically comment out a few lines and thats it.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:23 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Is that a recent thing?
The alpha 1 database dosent have any last names in it, there are a fair ammount of the first names split with '00 ' but most of them are partial from what I can tell, and they dont actually show up in the last name slot in the game. And beyond that, theres no garuntee that they actually corespond to what the merchant really has. With this method, their last name coresponds to what they actually sell, which can be as generic or specific as you want.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:25 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Hmm. well i'm not sure to be honest.

All of alpha1 is outdated and pretty much dumped. We've been collecting from live new collects up until the collector died.

Our classic db has all last names on vendors. (Where they actually have last names on live)