Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Dead
Fire Beetle

Default Crashing Need help

I've searched for about 2 hrs looking for an answer and still found nothing, i just freshly installed titanium on this computer. I can log in go threw the server selection but when it gets to loading character files i get a eqgame.exe has encountered a problem. Crashing me to Desktop. I haven't done anything differently then before. I had titanium installed a year ago uninstalled it then reinstalled it and now it doesn't work.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Derision
Developer

Try fiddling with the video settings in eqclient.ini:

Quote:
in eqclient.ini, set the video mode and/or enable Windowed mode, e.g.

VideoMode=2
WindowedMode=TRUE

The values for VideoMode are:

0 is 640/480 resolution, 1 is 800/600. 2 is 1024/768. 3 is 1280/1024. 4 is 1600/1200. Players need to have the Velious expansion in order to set this line to 3 or 4.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default eqclient.ini

If you have a new install you are not going to see:

WindowedMode=TRUE

There will be about 10 to 15 lines of config data in the ini file because the file has not been populated yet. If you just add the line under everything else, the game client will start in windowed mode and once started, the client will finish populating the file with the data.

There are a few threads in the forum about this issue already. It took me about 30 seconds to find this one:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...game.exe+crash

Try to use different wording when you do your searches. It helps a lot.

Last edited by AndMetal; 10-21-2008 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Moved to correct forum
Old 10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
trevius
Developer

There are some other suggestions in the FAQ in my sig. You might want to check the section on multi-core CPU issues if you have a dual or quad core CPU.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Dead
Fire Beetle

Interesting i finally got it past the start but now that it gets to Loading Armor and Equipment it crashes...