Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:10 AM
ChaosSlayer-2
Fire Beetle

Default Need confrim email too

Its funy I can start new posts but not reply.
Thsi is the only way I can let admins know of my problem.

My old account:

-can't login using original name/password
-cannot reset - email won't arrive
-tryign to make new account under new name - error - this email has allreday been used.

This account:
-created new account - not receving confirmation email.

thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 AM
trevius
Developer

Are you using hotmail or something? I think hotmail may block messages from these forums as if they were spam. I know my old server forums used to get blocked by hotmail and automatically deleted, but that was when I was using freeforums.

Also, when you created this new account, did you check the box to not allow emails from admins? Maybe that has something to do with it. Not sure yet, but trying to work on a possible solution.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Baub
Fire Beetle

I'm using hotmail as well, but i've always recieved the email from here before when somebody reply's to a thread i'm subscribed to.

Also, I did recieve a password reset email at my hotmail address the day the forums were down and it said to reset all your passwords. I did and it worked and now THAT password is no longer working.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
ChaosSlayer-2
Fire Beetle

well looks like I am stuck in the middle of nowhere....
Can't the admins just enable THIS account to full status?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
trevius
Developer

The simplest work-around would be for you to stop using hotmail when signing up for new forum accounts. At least until they get the issue resolved by hotmail. Either that or start a report to the hotmail team to have them stop blocking the emails from this domain.

I would highly suggest creating a gmail (google mail) account for now. IMO, it is far superior to hotmail in every way Who knows, you might grow to love it I have never once had email issues like this when using gmail, but I have seen similar issues on Hotmail multiple times, including for registering for my old SH forums before I moved to the current ones.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 AM
ChaosSlayer-2
Fire Beetle

I allready did. I used my work email for this account- not getting the confirmation email neither
Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

ok had to go make myself a gmail email and registred yet another account.. hopefuly I can my original accout back.. eventualy =(
Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM
fats
Fire Beetle

hotmail user on another account, I can't seem to get your emails either. I have a gmail account. Hotmail worked in Dec, don't know why it's not working now. any way I could change from the hotmail to gmail account for user VoodooChild? Can we PM if needed and figure this out?
Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Mcbaine3
Fire Beetle

Please don't do that in PM's. If there are workarounds everyone else needs to know too.