Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Default Incorect Hps shown after buffs

Someone has mentioned this allready just few days but I can't find that thread so I decided I post here

Sometimes (I can't say for sure if its a persistant bug or it manifests under some speciail circumstances) - but atm I am in game and casting on myself variosu hp buffs and see the same problem:

-after hp buffed your char cannot get healed to full

Someoen ahs sugested that this is due to diffirence in spell files - such as on client side this spell reports diffirent ammount of hps added that spell file on server side.

Well I can tell you its not it. I have copied my server spell file over to client - same thing.

But what actualy is hapening is following:

the max hp cap shown after buff is DOUBLE the ammount it should be.
For exmaple:

Skin Like Wood gives you +20 max hp
Your Hp is 150. You cast Skin Like Wood - you curent hps become 170, yet max hp cap become 190!

tried it with couple other spells liek Skin like rock etc - same result. The char window shows that you have exactly that much "empty" hps till new max as much was suppose to be added.

So if buff suppose to add 200 hp, it CORECTLY adds 200 to yuor curent hp, but it shows your hp max as if it was +400hp

Now since my client and server spell files are identical - this got to be some new bug in the server since I am prety sure hp buffs did not had this issue in last year revisions
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

corection:

it doesnt show + 1 times of extra hp, it shows you +2 times.

atm I have 1225hp
I cast a buff which gives +120 hp

my hps become: 1345/1585

so ist added +120 to actual hps, but +120*3 to the max hp