Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Monrezz
Dragon

Default Kaiyodo - Race/Material viewer?

Kai - do you think it would be possible to make a new tool, that can view all the different models of all the races, and then once it's loaded a race you can select from a dropdownlist the material.

So you have a window, with 2 dropdown boxes at the top. First you select your race (0-328 or whatever) and click it on the list. This loads the default material for that model. Then you can look around the model, rotate, pan etc. Then you can select which material you want it to have, and you can see all the different textures on it.

I've tried modelviewer....but most of the zones crash when I try to load them (Pre and Post SoL)...and you don't seem to be able to view races.

I don't think races are stored in separate files though...maybe the zone files...so you would probably have to extract them out...?

Don't know anything about programming (except how to make a button saying "Hello!" in VB!!!), but I'm sure it would be possible...and pretty cool and helpful

kRPG Profile
Old 03-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Kaiyodo
Hill Giant

The model viewer can only display pre-luclin models, so you're a bit limited already. It wouldn't take a huge amount of work to make it able to change skins on the races you can view, but as I have almost zero time to work on Emu stuff at the moment, it ain't going to happen soon :(

K.